Divorce in Orem

Divorce, Disputes, and Resolution

Current Issues

Divorce in OremIn many divorce cases, agreement disputes may arise even if the marriage dissolution is final. If the same has happened to you, you can talk to your former spouse or resolve the issues with the help of the third party. The latter is the ideal option if your marriage ended badly or if your spouse doesn’t want to cooperate.

Resolving Disputes

There are different ways of resolving disputes without taking the case to court. One option is mediation, which involves a neutral third party to help couples come up with a mutual agreement. There is also the collaborative way, which means signing an agreement to work with a lawyer and negotiate the issues. The third option is arbitration or each party presenting evidence or proof to resolve the issue.

According to Buhler Thomas Law, P.C.‘s divorce lawyer in Orem says you can also choose to go to court to modify the agreement. If the modification is reasonable, the court will then make terms to have the other party follow the new agreement. The non-complying party will also need to pay court fees.

Modifying the Agreement

After the divorce is finalized, you can still modify the agreement, especially if there is a significant change in your circumstances. In this case, you will need to file a court petition. It’s important to note, however, that you cannot change the whole agreement. The court will only allow modification to some issues like alimony or child custody.

You and your spouse will then need to attend a hearing and provide evidence to resolve the issues. Keep in mind that in most cases, property and asset division can’t be modified or changed after the divorce is over or the agreement is finalized.

READ  What New York is Doing to End Distracted Driving

Issues arising from the divorce can be complicated. Hiring the right divorce attorney is beneficial to help resolve disputes and provide legal representation whenever needed. It’s also a good idea to talk to a lawyer before talking to the other party to make sure that your rights are protected.